Academic settings can pose particular challenges for supporting students in all the ways teachers want to. There’s a lot of content to cover, and in limited time. Adding social-emotional focuses to the mix doesn’t have to take time away from teaching the curriculum. Instead, it should enhance how the curriculum is taught.
Contributive Learning seamlessly weaves social-emotional and academic learning in everyday instruction. It makes the experience of teaching and learning more engaging for students and teachers alike.
A Series of Professional Development Workshops
A nested professional development approach driven by transformational teams blending the curriculum and social-emotional learning.
School and Administrative Leadership Teams
Leading Contributive Learning
School leadership teams follow an integrated process that includes tools, activities, reflections, and other materials to help school leaders best support their teachers and students with Contributive Learning, both throughout the workshops and beyond.
For Teachers and Other Staff
Contributive Learning Design
Educators engage in a series of workshops around a common theme and learn a process for improving students’ experiences and outcomes. Each of the workshop series below weaves all academic subjects with a core SEL focus.
Academic knowledge + understanding your…
who you are
how you fit into the world
how you want to contribute
your potential for success
Academic knowledge + connecting with…
people you know and interact with
humanity and the world
Academic knowledge + developing your…
having what it takes to learn what you need to
combining learning to solve problems together
creating new learning, ideas, and solutions
gathering and sharing learning
- Critical Thinking
making sense of challenging learning
Subject specific support for teachers in…
- Coaching and support to create and implement balanced and high impact routines
- Improved student performance and disposition as they explore mathematical skills, processes and competencies.
Want to know how this would support your schools?
Professional Development Outcomes
- Stronger connections with students.
- More intentional and purposeful practice.
- Positive learning environments more reflective of students.
- Better support to prioritize students’ well-being.
- Greater capability to design and integrate curricular learning and SEL.
- Improved student academic and well-being outcomes.
- Increased confidence and collaboration among teachers.
- A more meaningful and engaging teaching experience.
How we measure and assess SEL
Contributive Learning provides resources and tools to design, implement, and measure social-emotional learning.
Teachers start by connecting with students, learning about who they are, and then picking the SEL Skills and Objectives most aligned with their needs. From there, they use our assessment and measurement tools in the everyday learning process to work simultaneously toward each set of objectives—curricular, social, and emotional.
This enhances and maximizes learning time while providing meaningful data for teachers and schools.
All of our workshops are
- Actionable and personalized for all leaders and teachers
- Manageable for everyday application in classrooms and schools
- Data informed and evidence driven
- Student centered
Ready to get started?
Contributive Learning develops self-understanding, connection, knowledge, and competency.
When these come together, we add to the world. And that leads to meaning, fulfillment, and well-being.
Reach out today to learn more or get started!
Don’t bring down—lift people up.
Don’t subtract—add to the world.
Learn to contribute, in your way, every day.